WSPA Career Opportunities
The Washington State Pharmacy Association (WSPA) is a professional trade association representing pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, student pharmacists and pharmacies which provide care to patients in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes and community pharmacies.The Washington State Pharmacy Association exists to advocate on behalf of its members to ensure pharmacy professionals are engaged and valued as essential to the healthcare team to optimize patient outcomes. Our vision is that all pharmacy professionals are utilized in all practice settings to improve the health and well-being of all patients in Washington State.
Open Position: Communications Specialist
We are seeking a Communications Specialist to fill a key position on our 7-member staff. This position will have the strategic responsibility to improve competitive positioning and perception of the association by providing support for communications initiatives. Specific responsibilities include development, production and management of print, web and other electronic content; on-going member/association communication; creation and management of social media content; and contributing to projects and organization activities such as member, event and marketing campaigns. In addition, the person will assist in day-to-day office operations and member /public relations activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in communications, journalism, public relations or related field;
- Two years of writing, editing, layout experience and understanding of print production;
- Social media management and tracking experience;
- Web content and layout skills;
- Graphic design experience;
- Superb time/project management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including competency in Adobe's Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Microsoft Office;
- Experience in a non profit and/or healthcare related environment is preferred
We are a small, energetic, and highly collaborative team looking for a great communicator who can tell our story and that of our members in creative ways! We need a person who is self-directed, can think out of the box, has a "can do" attitude, and is willing to step out of the comfort zone to stay on top of communication trends. Applicants must be customer service oriented with good organizational skills and possess a passion for details with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, two recent writing samples, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org